I’m delighted to announce that in our first year of entering the awards, SLS Wills and More have been shortlisted in the British Wills and Probate Awards. We’re down to the final 4. 🙂
When I started out in this profession years ago, excellence was rarely recognised. Certainly not like it is now.
Recognising that it is incredibly important for my clients to understand what makes me safe to do business with, I actively work to provide these assurances.
Not only am I a member of the Society of Will Writers (SWW), but I was also upgraded recently to Associate status. When I joined the SWW I was passionate about making sure that I adhered to all of the standards set out in their code of practice and my business is run in accordance with these principles. Since joining the SWW, I have applied for and been accepted to join their professional standards board. I’m now one of 10 fellow professionals who work with the SWW to help set standards for the professionals which the SWW regulates.
Lots of this will mean very little to my clients but I feel that it’s important for clients to know that unlike some other practitioners I continually strive for excellence.
Here are just some of the things that I do to set myself apart from other firms and this is what makes me a wise choice for clients looking for a Will:
- I’m an Associate member (higher grade of membership) of the Society of Will Writers.
- I do AT LEAST 24 hours of courses and training per year to improve and develop my knowledge.
- I sit on the Professional Standards Board for the SWW to help drive standards throughout the profession meaning that all clients of SWW members will be working with someone who goes above and beyond for their clients.
- I’m STEP qualified. This is a well-recognised qualification within our profession and sets me apart from other Will Writers.
- I have now been recognised for the work and effort I dedicate to my clients which is why I have been shortlisted for the award.
Karen Babington, Director of the Practical Vision Network who run the Today’s Wills and Probate trade publication said:
“The Awards, now in their third year, were set up to discover and recognise outstanding achievements, highlight progressions and champion innovation amongst firms and individual private professionals across the Wills and Probate sector. Demand on professionals working in the sector during extremely challenging times, has never been greater, and so it is important that individuals and firms are recognised for their outstanding contributions.
“I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of the nominees and congratulate the four shortlisted organisations and people within each category. The judges tell me that standards were extremely high.”
I am absolutely over the moon to have been shortlisted and whilst my small practice is up against some large national firms, I have been recognised for my passion, dedication and for the effort I demonstrate towards my clients.